Monday, August 3, 2015

Univ. Diaries: Animo Benilde!

Hey peoples!

I just wanted to share with you this experience that I've never done before.
Transferring schools and changing majors while in college.

photo source: www.portfoliomnl.com

My family and relatives told me that they never experienced this kind of school-hopping kind of decision. They once told me that whatever they started, they must finish it or like that.

To be honest, I never experienced transferring schools ever ever in my entire life (except for this one) haha but I mean in grade school and high school, I never really transferred.

People say I'm the one who breaks the tradition. Sometimes I like to rebel out of whatever and make something good out of it. I came from a family of people in the Medicine field. Both of my parents are nurses in a hospital. I must say that ever since I was younger, I really wanted to be a nurse someday. Both of my parents were against it. lol

For one year, I studied nursing in UST. I passed. But I realized that now is not the right time for me to take up nursing (huhu maybe in another life though). I really wanted to find myself and I didn't want to be stuck in my grade school dreams. I tried to give Fashion Design a shot even if I'm not really gifted in drawing, sketching, and illustrating.

I recently just transferred to De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde and I took up the course Bachelor of Arts major in Fashion Design and Merchanidising (it's a mouthful i know...) also known as AB-FDM. It's really a challenge for me since I'm not really good in designing and sewing lol. It wouldn't hurt to step out of my comfort zone and try something new, right?




Whatever happens, I promised myself that I would still be a Thomasian by heart. Even though I'm now a Benildean..Lasallian(?) lol same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment